The Office of International Affairs (IA) extends a warm welcome to all international students who are entering the globally diverse environment of Gallaudet University. The main roles of IA are to ease international students’ transition to life in the United States and at Gallaudet University, and to assist current international students who are seeking advice on immigration regulations.
Location and Office Hours: International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is located in Dawes House; 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
If you are interested in learning about upcoming proposed and planned international visiting groups, please contact email@example.com.
ISSS services include the following:
- Reviewing prospective students' applications, as well as evaluating financial documents, by issuing Certificates of Eligibility (Forms I-20) in order for students to obtain visas.
- Providing updates regarding immigration laws and other issues.
- Providing information on federal regulations related to education for international students.
- Assisting in various student procedures, including but not limited to:
- Program Extensions
- Change of Educational Level
- Work Authorizations
- Transfers to Gallaudet from another university
- Transfers to another university from Gallaudet
- Lost immigration documents
- Course load reduction
- Renewal of student visas
- Advising students with social, cultural, and personal adjustment issues
- Reviewing student visas, passports, and forms I-20 for travel abroad
- Assisting with cultural event planning
- Advising students on academic concerns
- Providing referrals to other units on campus
- Providing referrals to immigration attorneys and to consulates
- Providing referrals to embassies for passport renewal
- Providing resources for financial concern
- Issuing updated immigration documents
- Educating faculty and staff on immigration regulations
- Providing referrals to income tax filing services