Learning Assessment at Gallaudet
The Gallaudet University community recognizes the need to adopt an assessment process that advances evidence-based decisions about teaching, learning, bilingualism, diversity, campus life, academic support, and student development. This process employs data-driven decision-making to continuously increase student achievement and institutional effectiveness.
For the University Policy on the Assessment Reporting Cycle, please click here: Policy on Assessment Reporting Cycle
For detailed information on assessment at Gallaudet, review our Assessment Handbook.
The Hows & Examples page has many tools to assist you with assessment including the Assessment Plan Template.
If you have any questions about assessment, check our Assessment FAQs.
Several Assessment Processes at Gallaudet:
*Click here for the other reporting calendar for the accredited programs.
Note: All relevant assessment reports are available in the Blackboard under "Program Outcomes".
AY2015-2016 Reporting Calendar:
The new cycle of 2015-2016 in WEAVE will be launched at the end of June 2015.
- If your program mission, SLOs, or measures (assessment tools) have not changed, you may proceed and roll over these specific information from the 2014-2015 cycle to the 2015-2016 cycle. You should be able to see "Copy Associations and Connected Documents from 2014-2015" -- go ahead and click on this button.
- If you need to update or revise mission, SLOs, or the measures in the 2015-2016 cycle, you may do so. Select the mission, SLOs, or the measures then click on the editing icon (displayed as a sheet of paper with a pencil) and update/revise as necessary.
- If your program SLOs have changed but your data collection has not begun, then the new SLOs will be entered in WEAVE next year. Data from 2014-2015 needs to be reported for this year. *Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this scenario applies to you, and we will develop an appropriate action plan.*
- Each program SLO is to be assessed on an annual basis from now on.
- The analysis questions (in the Assessment Reporting section under the "Assessment" tab in WEAVE) have been updated for the new cycle.
- Please do NOT enter the results of your measures in the cycle 2015-2016 prior to August 2.
Reminder I: The 2015-2016 cycle is a reporting cycle based on the 2014-2015 assessment data. For this academic year, you need to report on any assessment data you collected from 2014-2015.
- STUDENT AFFAIRS' LEARNING ASSESSMENT UPDATEs (LAUs) -- DUE AUGUST 17, 2015
- ACADEMIC AFFAIRS' LEARNING ASSESSMENT UPDATEs (LAUs) -- DUE NOVEMBER 6, 2015