Apply to the Online Degree Completion Program!
Welcome to the Online Degree Completion Program (ODCP)! Do you have a bachelor's degree that you want to finish online? Gallaudet University has made it possible for many aspiring adult learners to finish their college degree online in either Deaf Studies or Psychology while continuing with their everyday lives. Hearing applicants may apply. International students are eligible for the ODCP provided they are not in the United States. Please explore the ODCP admission requirements. Feel free to email the ODCP admissions counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Before You Apply
- You must have earned 80 college credits towards a BA degree.
- You must have passed the college English core courses with a C- or higher.
- Check to see if you are ready for online learning through this brief Online Learning Readiness Inventory and to assess if you have the computing requirements to do well online.
- Request for more information if needed.
When You Apply
- Submit your online application.
- Pay the $50 application fee.
- Respond to one essay question.
- Submit one letter of recommendation.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please send in an audiogram.
- Hearing applicants must follow the GU Hearing Undergraduate Admission Requirements.
- Meet the major program (Deaf Studies or Psychology) admission requirements as stated below.
- Take the ASL Placement Test and receive a passing score for admission to the program.
- Send transcripts from accredited institutions of higher education, including Gallaudet University for evaluation of transferable college credits. Gallaudet will accept any college-level course completed with a grade of "C" or better at any accredited college or university. Credits from non-accredited institutions will not be accepted. Transferred courses may be applied to satisfy general education requirements and/or major requirements. Transferred courses with no Gallaudet equivalent will be considered as elective credit.
- Transfer students who have completed 30 hours college credit hours or a combination of 12 hours of college English and math credit with a grade of "C" or higher in each course will be notified by the Office of Admissions if they are waived from submitting ACT/SAT scores. Applicants who have been waived from submitting test scores may still be required to take English and math placement tests for the purpose of being placed in the appropriate General Education courses.
Requirements for Admission to a Major Program in ODCP-Deaf Studies (DST)
Applicants must complete or demonstrate the following before declaring a major in DST:
- A video-letter of interest
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better
Requirements for Admission to a Major Program in ODCP-Psychology (PSY)
Prospective majors must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 and complete the following pre-major and general education courses with a "C" or better:
- PSY 201 Introduction to Psychology
- English Composition
Prospective majors then meet with the undergraduate program director via email, video chat, and/or videophone to determine if they have satisfied the academic requirements. During this initial contact, the student receives information about psychology course requirements for graduation. Additionally, the student may select a major advisor or have an advisor assigned by the program director. To remain in the ODCP-PSY program, a student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in major courses.
After You are Admitted
- Submit an Intent to Enroll form: Pay the $100 non-refundable enrollment fee and the $100 Online Learning Orientation fee.
- Activate your Gallaudet email and BISON accounts
- Submit your final, official high school and college transcripts
- Review the Online Academic Calendar
- July 1 for Fall admission
- November 1 for Spring admission