General Enrollment Verification/Certifications

How to use the Gallaudet authorized vendor - National Student Clearinghouse

Domestic Student Enrollment Verification/Certification Procedures:

Information Links:  Students Records

National Student Clearinghouse will certify student current enrollment, degree award, career & anticipated date of graduation via their login database to be used by private student loan lenders (excludes Direct Student Loan Lenders ), employers, background check agencies, banks for personal loans, credit cards, insurance companies, scholarship providers and other educational institutional enrollment certifications. 

National Student Loan Data System

*The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database designed for student aid processes and tracking. For  non-private Department of Education - Federal Student Loans known as 'Direct Student Loans 'under Title IV - please bring your deferment forms to the Registrar's Office if you are in need of certification of current semester active student status, enrollment, anticipated date of graduation and degree award.  Be sure to complete your student information areas, make your selections and sign/date the deferment form before submitting.  Be sure to include your lender's full business name, the office/department of attention, mailing address and facsimile number with your form if not already given by your lender on the deferment form.   DO NOT ENTER ANY INFORMATION IN THE AUTHORIZED OFFICIAL'S CERTIFICATION AREA. Once your deferment has been approved - the Department of Education - NSDLS can be accessed by your lender to provide your continued enrollment status with Gallaudet University.  These certifications will only be valid while you are enrolled at least half-time status with Gallaudet (summers excluded).  NOTE: All information is certified from current official records.

Certification Forms to be completed with signatures, seal and sent from Gallaudet Registrar's Office may be submitted to the Registrar's Office for completion with a student signed release.  

Forms Included:

  • Vocational Rehabilitation forms - forms vary from state to state & regions within the US.
  • Judicial System (non-Gallaudet) forms may be submitted for legal counsel with regard to processing
  • Licensure/Accreditation PRAXIS certification forms (to be submitted to the Registrar's with student's personal signed statement of request - student must include mailing information/instructions) for review and to be passed on as appropriate to the Office of Academic Quality with your academic record) NOTE: Transcript requests are processed independently so the student/alumni must submit both with clear instructions for proper coordinated desired results.
  • Office of Academic Quality
  • Campus 3rd party enrollment certification forms requiring Registrar's (official's) signature or university seal (GTS, Residence Life, Student Affairs, Career Center, Advisor/Department, Campus Activities, Athletics, SHS, SFS, DPS, GIS, OSWD, GU Child Care, Tutoring Center, Audiology Clinic, Study Abroad, student organizations,  etc.)
  • Veterans Administration - students eligible for veteran's educational benefits need to submit a signed VA certification request to the Registrar's Office to have current semester enrollment status information certified to the VA.
  • Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation (various forms from the VA-VR Official) mailing/faxing and 3rd party signed academic release of information is required
  • Transient Gallaudet undergraduate students attending another educational institution during the summer may have a form or letter of student status during transience completed upon request at the Registrar's Office with the Transfer Credit Specialist.
  • Official US Government, state or local forms should be submitted to the Registrar's Office only if the information required is not available through the National Student Clearinghouse*.  Such forms may be submitted for review and appropriate completion action to be taken or guidance provided
  • International Government, province, regional forms - refer to information below.
  • Internship program certification forms may be submitted for review with appropriate action or guidance provided  

International Student Enrollment Verification/Certification Procedures:

Students from varied nations may have special forms to show enrollment status and program information (possibly including tuition/fee information for a semester).  Students may submit their forms in ENGLISH only to the Registrar's Office to review and process appropriately.  Students should submit a student certification request form with student information and delivery information.  Gallaudet University uses the US National ID called the Social Security Number which will be different from your home country social/civilian identification numbers.  NOTE: Forms in another foreign language as well as without English instructions - may require special servicing.  The foreign instructions, areas of requested certification information may need to be officially transliterated by a special university transliteration/interpreting service acknowledged by AACROA.

Registrar's Office - Official Letterhead Certifications

Students may submit a signed request for a certification/verification of enrollment status for the current active term/semester or summer session, the most current academic year or a full enrollment history.  Instructions and printable PDF forms are available at the Registrar's Office web link.  Students may also request declared major programs, 'academic standing' (dependent on student's GPA per term and CUM) anticipated date of graduation (A.D.P.) and degree award certification.  Only academic information is certified.  The Registrar's Office strongly advises not to request release of your SSN with your certification.  Students may request up to 5 certification copies per signed request and are asked to give good accurate delivery information for each certification request.


  • All certification requests are processed in order of receipt and processed with information only currently contained in official records.  Changes are not made without official procedures used - Contact the Registrar's Office if you have questions ~ 
  • Personal proprietary information is not part of an academic certification.  Forms may include this information along with a signed academic release but not considered 'academic information' ~ 
  • Students may request a 'text box' outside a certification to give reference information for student/parent insurance numbers or accounts ~  
  • Future terms are not certified with 'registered/enrolled status' information.  Students must be active for the semester certified as 'registered/enrolled' with their course schedule and business registration complete ~. 

Certification Request Forms