UFSC in Brazil is a Study Abroad Consortia Program
UFSC in Brazil is a Study Abroad Consortia Program UFSC – Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina in Brazil is a unique Consortium program for study abroad with ‘resident credit’ and course/record attributes for students at Gallaudet University. This program is limited and regulated by both institutions to exchange students. There are special processes for participation and cross registration. The course, credit and grading values as well as official records are handled by the Registrar’s Office, Consortia Program Coordinator for the student’s semester records with the host institution. The Consortia Program Coordinator will also coordinate with the parent academic department program and International Student Services Office on campus to assist eligible students with proper forms as well as cross registration at the Registrar’s Office.
- Students must be a degree seeking student o Be in good academic standing
- Be in good financial standing o Must apply the preceding semester due to semester dates at host institution
- Have no campus judicial or legal concerns which would impact study abroad
- Be able to commit to a ‘semester’ study abroad – personal costs apply
- Forms, information and guides for cross registration available with the Consortia Coordinator in the Registrar’s Office
DEADLINES: Students must apply and clear all requirements for course registration by the deadlines posted by UFSC as well as Gallaudet.
- http://en.ufsc.br/ (English UFSC link)
- http://ufsc.br/ (Portuguese UFSC link)
- International Travel Forms
GU Registrar’s Consortium Coordinator: Barbara Proctor - Barbara.Proctor@gallaudet.edu 202.651.5835 – Registrar’s Office – Chapel Hall 101
GU Contact: Dr. Steven Collins – GU Department of Interpretation - firstname.lastname@example.org.
UFSC Contact: Prof. Rodrigo Rosso Marques, Head of the Department Departamento de Artes e Libras - -email@example.com