Congratulations! Just a few more steps to graduate!
As you prepare to graduate, please make sure to complete all your academic and financial obligations.
How To Apply for Graduation
- Students apply to graduate through Bison
- Students log into Bison http://bison.gallaudet.edu/
- Click on "Self Service" under the Menu on the top left.
- Click on "Student Center"
- Click on "Apply for Graduation" and follow steps.
Online Graduation Application - after the deadline:
- For Undergraduate Career - Please contact Laurie Miskovsky if you have any questions.
- For Graduate Career - Please contact Kai Gagnon if you have any questions.
Graduation Application Deadline
- December 4, 2020 - Graduation application deadline for December 2020 and May/August 2021 graduation
- December 5, 2020 - Late Graduation Application (fee charged) begins.
- Please contact Laurie Miskovsky if you have any questions.
Participation in the Commencement Ceremony:
Once the application for graduation has been filed, students who have completed all work toward their degrees are automatically eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony. Undergraduate students who are eight or fewer credits hours short of completing their degrees will be permitted to participate in the ceremony if they are registered for summer school. Information on the commencement ceremony is sent only to those students who apply for graduation. Master's level students who have not completed all requirements by the end of the spring semester may march in the Commencement ceremony only if they are approved to march by the Council on Graduate Education (CGE) through the Petition to March policy. Doctoral students must complete all program requirements by the deadline of any given semester to graduate with that semester date.
Diplomas are issued only once, however if there is an error on your diploma, please contact the Registrar's Office within 90 days of receipt, so that a corrected diploma can be produced.