All students who leave the university on academic probation or suspension or with disciplinary concerns must apply for readmission. Their cases will be taken before the Faculty-Student Affairs Committee to determine their eligibility to return to Gallaudet University.
It is strongly recommended that students on academic suspension take a full-time academic load (12 hours or more) at another institution and achieve a 2.5 or above GPA on those hours. Failure to take classes away from Gallaudet University may result in being denied readmission when you reapply.
Before beginning the application process, take a look at the information below as a guide to preparing and completing your readmission undergraduate application.
Feel free to contact the readmission specialist if you have any questions!
Before You Apply:
- All debts cleared before deadlines
When You Apply:
- Submit the Undergraduate Readmission Application Online (Academically Suspended or Academically Dismissed)
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, advisors, employers, or community leaders. Letters will not be accepted from family members or friends
- Official college transcripts from all schools attended since leaving Gallaudet University
- A statement clarifying your academic history and explaining your purpose for readmission. The statement must be specific and should include the following:
- The reason you wish to return to Gallaudet University;
- What you've done while you've been away from Gallaudet University (attended another university, worked full time, etc);
- An explanation of how you plan to achieve academic success if readmitted to Gallaudet University;
- If applicable, the circumstances that led to your poor performance in the semester(s) you attended Gallaudet University (grades of "D" or "F" in all courses).
- The Faculty-Student Affairs Committee will consider your statement in making their decision about your eligibility to return to Gallaudet University. Failure to include a full explanation of any of the items listed above may affect the outcome of the committee's decision.
- Due to the Faculty-Student Affairs Committee meeting schedule, application deadlines will be enforced.
After You are Admitted:
- Acceptance information
- Registered for classes
- Academic Calendar
- Set up your BISON account
- Check with your Academic Advisor to make sure your classes are registered