The following procedures are used for evaluating all English and Math courses:
- Remedial English: None of the courses are evaluated nor transferred to Gallaudet.
- English as Second Language: ESL courses are considered remedial and are not transferable.
- College-Level English: Courses are evaluated and credits are granted as elective credits until the student passes Gallaudet University's English Placement test and then the course will be converted from elective to English credits. The Transfer Credit Specialist is to be notified in the event that a satisfactory score is achieved so that English courses are updated accordingly.
- Remedial Math: Remedial mathematics courses may be considered for waivers at Gallaudet.
- College-Level Math: Courses are evaluated and transferred, if equivalent. Otherwise, the courses will count as elective credits.