Gallaudet University's formal agreements with universities around the globe aim to advance opportunities to share knowledge. These agreements include student exchange and technical cooperation. Gallaudet also seeks ways for more people outside the U.S. to study at the University, thereby enriching their lives and the cultural diversity of the campus community.
Currently, Gallaudet has cooperative agreements or Memorandums of Understanding with the following institutions:
- Wesley University & the Nigerian National Association of the Deaf (NNAD), Nigeria, a cooperative agreement that continues the legacy of the late Dr. Issac Agboola, to connect Gallaudet to the Nigerian deaf community and other countries in Africa by offering education and employment opportunities.
- Beijing Union University (BUU), China, to prepare Chinese students for admission to Gallaudet and to improve BUU accessibility.
- Institute for the Training and Development of Human Resources, Panama, to establish scholarships for Panamanian students to study at Gallaudet.
- Siena School of Liberal Arts, Italy, to offer Gallaudet students an opportunity to study abroad.
- Ål folkehøyskole og kurssenter for døve, Norway, to offer Gallaudet students an opportunity to study abroad in coursework specific to Deaf Studies.
- Universidad Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil, to develop academic credits and curricula between universities for both American and Brazilian Deaf Cultures and sign languages.
- Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, to stimulate and to support educational intercultural activities and projects, especially the significance of Deaf culture and the role of sign language in higher education.
- National Tsukuba University of Technology (NTUT), Japan, to offer Gallaudet students an opportunity to study abroad. To exchange scientific activities, publications and information