Research Scholar

A Research Scholar is an individual whose primary purpose for coming to Gallaudet University is to conduct research, observe, or consult. They may also teach or lecture. Visa holders in this category are allowed to remain in the United States for up to five years on a J-1 visa. Accepting paid employment outside of Gallaudet University is not generally permitted; if seeking paid employment outside of Gallaudet University, permission must be sought from Research Support and International Affairs.