The Research Support unit of the Office of Research Support and International Affairs (RSIA) strives to fulfill Gallaudet University's mission to encourage, promote, and facilitate scholarly research. This enhances Gallaudet's intellectual climate by facilitating scholarly opportunities on campus.
Research Support services include:
- Gallaudet Research Expo, an event that recognizes and shares exciting research and scholarly inquiry being conducted at the University.
- Research Funding -- Small Research Grants Fund proposals for a wide range of research studies by students, faculty, staff, and Clerc Center teachers. These grants must be used within a given fiscal year; the Priority Research Fund is a seed grant to support basic and applied research studies for up to three years by University and Clerc Center personnel in areas that have been determined to be of high importance to the University. Recipients are expected to submit at least one proposal for external research funding as a result of this grant.
- A database and report, of the University's achievements in research and scholarship.
- Access to the archived Annual Survey of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Youth.
- Consultation on studies within Research Support's areas of expertise.
- Research at Gallaudet newsletter.
- Editing assistance for research grant proposals by early-career researchers, particularly those whom English is not their native language.
- Methodological consultation for faculty and staff to facilitate all phases of their research.
- REDCap, a robust scientific data collection tool that is available free of charge for anyone on campus.
- The International Visiting Researcher Program (IVRP) accommodates a limited number of professors, researchers, and specialists from other countries at Gallaudet each academic year. RSIA assists in funding host academic departments and mentors.