Stanford Achievement Test (10th Edition) Scoring Service
Important Service Update:
(1) Gallaudet University's Office of Research Support and International Affairs (RSIA) no longer sells Stanford Achievement Test (SAT) 10 screening and test materials. These materials can now be ordered through Pearson Clinical Assessments' website or call 1-800-328-5999.
(2) As of 2018, RSIA ceased its SAT 10 scoring service, which means the office cannot generate reports using deaf and hard of hearing norms. As an alternative, you may choose to hand score SAT 10 testing material. If you choose to do so, please reach out to email@example.com to obtain an electronic copy of the SAT 10 hand scoring packet.
*RSIA does not provide scoring services for SESAT 1 and 2 materials. You may consider using Pearson's scoring services for these tests.
**Pearson Assessments publishes the SAT to help educators and parents identify what students have learned. For over 80 years, the SAT series has provided a valid and reliable tool for an objective measurement of achievement and evaluating progress toward high academic standards.
- Multiple-choice testing materials help educators measure student progress toward the No Child Left Behind Act standards, national and state.
- 11 Levels, Grades 1 - 12
- Easy-Hard-Easy Question Format, arranged to encourage student engagement and test completion.
- Scoring services using deaf and hard of hearing norms
**Information obtained from Pearson Assessments, the publisher of SAT-10 testing materials.
Deaf Percentile Ranking (Norms)
When a new edition of the SAT is created, RSIA will choose a representative sample of deaf and hard of hearing students, using our Annual Survey of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Youth [See Demographics] data, and include it in the new edition of the test. Results from this test will, in turn, be used to create age-based deaf and hard of hearing norming tables for the duration of the current edition of the test.
The scoring service at Pearson sends RSIA raw scores to generate score reports using deaf and hard of hearing norms upon schools' request. (See Stanford 10 - Scoring Services for more information.)
Stanford 10 — Testing Materials
The SAT-10 FORM A Complete Battery testing materials are available for purchase online at: http://www.pearsonassessments.com/learningassessments/products/100000415/stanford-achievement-test-series-tenth-edition.html or by calling 1-800-328-5999. The materials are for use with Pearson Central Scanning/Scoring services. RSIA does not generate score reports for abbreviated batteries or FORM D test materials. This includes SESAT 1 and SESAT 2 testing materials.
Stanford 10 — Scoring Services
When schools want to give tests to deaf and hard of hearing students, and arrange to do so through RSIA, the test documents, along with special forms that schools fill out and send with their students' test responses, are provided by RSIA. The forms go to Pearson, which, upon seeing the special forms, scores the tests as normal, providing raw scores, scaled scores, and grade equivalents, but NO normative data (since their norms only compare to the general population). The data file is then sent to RSIA directly, where we take the test scores, along with the students' ages, and generate reports that factor in the age-based deaf and hard of hearing norms created from the aforementioned study.
There are two reports and a data file:
- a PDF containing Individual Score Reports (ISR), with one page per student, suitable for filing with student records, or possibly sending to parents,
- a PDF Administrators' Summary Report (ASR) which provides the data in a more compact format, with 10 students to a page, for the "mile-high" view of a classroom or school.
- a Comma-Separated Value (CSV) file suitable for importing into spreadsheet software that contains the most important information from the ISR.
Contact Rue Winiarczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org for Machine-Scoring Order Form Packet.
- Be sure to get the correct age on each of the test documents.
- Always select UNGRADED on the purple bubble sheet.
- Remember that no service is provided for abbreviated batteries, SESAT 1 and 2, and Form D test materials