Please contact the residence hall office when you are ready to depart. The inspection MUST be made when all your belongings have been packed and cleared out of your room. Completion of the check-out procedure will include returning your key and receiving a signed check-out form. Failure to complete the check-out procedures will result in a $25.00 fee for improper check-out. Failure to return your room key will result in a $50.00 lock change fee.
TIPS TO SAVE YOU MONEY
Charges will be assessed against your student account for cleanliness, room and furniture damages. Cleaning charges start at $50.00 (per person). To avoid individual damage charge, it is recommended that you:
- Arrange to have a residence hall staff to do the room inventory with you;
- Put the furniture back in their original places;
- Leave your room in a clean, vacuumed/swept condition;
- If you have a private bathroom in your suite, it is your responsibility to make sure that the bathroom is cleaned prior to check-out; and
- If there is a dispute regarding room damages, both/all roommates need to make arrangements with the CRE and provide a written statement for verification of room damage charges. Otherwise, the charges for room damage will be divided equally among all roommates or suitemates as deemed appropriate by the CRE.
For a Smooth Check-Out, Follow These Steps:
- Your room MUST BE clean when the FIRST person checks out;
- ALL trash MUST BE discarded in the trash bin outside your residence hall;
- Floors MUST BE swept/mopped/vacuumed clean;
- FOR SUITES AND FACULTY ROW: Bathrooms MUST BE clean.
- Furniture MUST BE placed back to their original locations as shown on the Furniture Layout;
- Benson Hall
- Clerc Hall
- Carlin Hall
- Ballard West
- Peet Hall
- Ballard House
- Fay House
- Lofts MUST BE returned;
- Blinds MUST BE open and windows MUST BE closed;
- HVAC units MUST BE set to LOW; and,
- COMPLETE the Room Inventory Form as part of the check-out process with the residence hall staff on duty.
ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SIGNED BY YOU AND THE RESIDENCE HALL STAFF CHECKING YOUR SUITE!
The Office of Residence Life and Housing appreciates your cooperation and support in making the checkout process smoother!
Questions? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.