Visitor Housing Assistant Job Description
The Visitor Housing Assistant (VHA) position is a part-time student paraprofessional position within the Office of Residence Life and Housing, a unit of Student Affairs. The Housing Operations Manager supervises the Visitor Housing Assistants. The Visitor Housing Assistants are responsible for housekeeping and linens.
This position will be utilized from May to August.
- Work at least twenty (20) hours per week during the summer.
- Provide assistance to the Director, Executive Secretary, Managers, and Coordinators of Residence Education, and Visitor Housing staff.
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality related with working in this position.
- Maintain the cleanliness and the appearance of the Visitor Housing rooms/suites in the residence halls.
- Deliver and remove linens from assigned rooms/suites.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
PARTICIPATING AS A TEAM MEMBER
- Greets and communicates on a regular basis with visitors, Office of Residence Life and Housing staff, and University officials.
- Attend staff meetings with the Housing Operations Manager.
- May participate in SumRA training session prior to the end of the spring semester.
- Training Session in May
- Training dates will be communicated after hire
- Align priorities so that the job responsibilities take precedence over personal commitments.
- May not have any commitments outside the position (i.e. internship, extra-curricular activities, athletics, and second jobs) without the express consent of the Housing Operations Manager.
- Show knowledge of, personally abides by, and helps enforce the university's policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional conduct and serve as role model for students and other residence hall staff.
- May be expected to participate in Commencement as an usher.
Compensation will be in the form of both hourly pay and a room waiver.
VHAs receive kitchen privileges (for a $100 non-refundable fee) for the duration of employment.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time.
- Must be a full-time student for the following fall semester.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.3 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) in the preceding fall semester.
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by the Office of Student Affairs at Gallaudet University.
TO APPLY - To apply for this position, please click here.
APPLICATION TIMELINE - To view the application timeline, please click here.
For more information on the Visitor Housing Assistant program, contact Usherla DeBerry, Housing Operations Manager, at email@example.com.