Not Returning to or Not Living in University Residence Halls

If you intend to move out of the residence halls, you must fill out a Housing Cancellation Form (available online only).

To avoid a $500.00 cancellation fee, the Housing Cancellation Form must be submitted no later than November 15 of the fall semester if you do not plan to return to your present room for the following spring semester.

For the ASL version on Housing Cancellations, please click on the video below.

To take advantage of a smooth check-out, please follow these tips here. For the ASL version on a smooth check-out, please click on the video below.

If you find that you are unable to return for the spring semester, due to various reasons (Loss of VR support, academic suspension, etc.), it is your responsibility to notify us at to make arrangements to pick up your belongings.

If you are unable to pick up your belongings, you are required to return your room key and student ID via registered mail to the Office of Residence Life and Housing before Monday, January 15, 2018, and the residence hall staff can pack your belongings. The residence hall staff will bring your things to the post office and get the total cost for shipping. Residence Life and Housing must get upfront payment of shipping costs before mailing your things to you.

Failure to contact us within 30 days (by February 15, 2018) will result in donating your belongings to a local charity group.

For the ASL version, please click on the video below.

Questions? Please send an e-mail to