Certificates of Insurance provide evidence of the insurance coverage for a particular entity. Gallaudet can provide certificates to vendors or collaborators, and it must obtain a current certificate from all vendors, contractors, and collaborators. Any outside group that uses Gallaudet facilities or resources must also provide a certificate. In most cases, Gallaudet requires external groups to name Gallaudet University as an "Additional Insured.

A copy of the certificate should be sent to the Office of Risk Management and Insurance to verify that all insurance requirements have been met.

If the University is asked to submit a certificate of insurance and if the external entity requires to be named as "Loss Payee" or "Additional Insured," contact Pamela Rypkema in the Office of Risk Management and Insurance.