Sexual Misconduct Resources On- and Off-Campus


The on-campus resources listed below are able to assist those who come to them with a concern related to sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse, or stalking. In addition, some student paraprofessionals who work on-campus receive sensitivity training, as well as training directly related to this policy.

A. Department of Public Safety, Carlin Hall Basement, (202) 651-5555,

The Department of Public Safety (DPS) makes an official report at the request of the student. DPS also provides information on how to contact outside agencies and assists in contacting these agencies when necessary.

B. Equal Opportunity Programs/Affirmative Action (EOP/AA), Title IX Coordinator, College Hall 312, (202) 559-5683  (VP), (202) 651-5462 (V),

The EOP/AA officer and Title IX Coordinator assist with problem resolution and responds to complaints of sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse, stalking, and harassment against staff and faculty (and students if a particular complainant is not being resolved through the OSC Title IX Team).

C. Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students, Director of the Office of Student Conduct, Ely Center 103, (202) 250-2513 (VP), (202) 448-6901 (V),

The Director of the Office of Student Conduct serves as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students and a member of the OSC Title IX Team. The Director assists with problem resolution and responds to complaints of sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse, and stalking against students.

D. Health & Wellness Programs, Ely Center 103, (202) 651-5432,

The Director of Health & Wellness Programs serves as the central source of sexual misconduct information and referral for students, and coordinates support for staff and faculty who respond to student concerns. In addition, Health & Wellness Programs develop and conduct prevention/risk reduction workshops for all incoming students and prepares and disseminates educational pamphlets, fact sheets, and articles concerning sexual misconduct.

E. Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, 3rd Floor, (202) 250-2300 (VP),

Counselors are available during the day and may be contacted for emergency situations after office hours by the Department of Public Safety. The CAPS provides confidential crisis management, short term therapy, and group therapy (depending on the number of students with similar concerns/issues). CAPS also provides a referral list of area agencies and private practitioners.

F. Office of Campus Ministries, Ely Center 114-118, (202) 651-5102 (V),

The Office of Campus Ministries (OCM) provides a variety of confidential counseling services to students, including personal counseling and crisis management in either individual or group settings. OCM also makes referrals and works with other on-campus and off-campus offices and agencies to meet the needs of individuals in crisis.

G. Office of the Ombuds, Ely Center 113, (202) 559-5079 (VP),

The Office of the Ombuds is where students can go to get confidential, impartial, independent, and informal assistance and conflict resolution.

H. Office of Residence Life and Housing, Ely Center 132, (202) 250-2233 (VP),, or at CRE/GA offices in any residence halls.

The Office of Residence Life and Housing provides immediate response through on-site or on-call staff. The Office of Residence Life and Housing, when directly involved in the initial contact of the student, is responsible for stabilizing the situation and assisting with contacts to other campus personnel. The Office of Residence Life and Housing can also provide emergency housing relocation and, together with Counseling and Psychological Services and/or Department of Public Safety, will arrange for transportation to the hospital, if necessary. The Office of Residence Life and Housing also provides educational materials and programs for students.

I. Office of Student Conduct, Ely Center 103, (202) 250-2513 (VP), (202) 448-6901 (V),

The Office of Student Conduct, through the OSC Title IX Team, responds to reports of sexual misconduct, intimate partner abuse, and stalking and handles each incident according to the disciplinary process outlined in the handbook. The Office of Student Conduct also provides education and training and advises both the complainant and the respondent of their rights.

J. Student Health Service, Peter J. Fine Health Center, (202) 651-5090 (V),

During hours of operation, Student Health Service (SHS) provides first aid and referral services for students who experienced sexual misconduct. SHS also screens and treats sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and provides appropriate follow-up care.


Students have the right to file a report with the District of Columbia Police and are provided information on how to access them. Students are advised of options, as provided by District and Federal laws and regulations, with regard to testing sexual assault suspects for communicable diseases and the concomitant (accompanying) right to be notified of the results of such testing.

A variety of external resources are available for survivors, including the D.C. Rape Crisis Center, which provides counseling sessions and referrals to legal, medical, and counseling facilities and resources.

Washington Hospital Center
Emergency and Trauma
110 Irving Street NW
Washington, DC 20010
202-877-7000 (V)

Provides a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program (professional rape exam), medical attention, follow-up care and referrals, screening and STI treatment.

5321 First Place NE
Washington, DC 20011
202-559-5366 (VP)
202-742-1730 (Fax) (Mon - Fri, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)

Focuses on deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault; DAWN provides an e-mail hotline Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM; DAWN also provides individual professional counseling, support groups, and serves as advocates.  Services are also offered weekly on campus in Ely 103.

D.C. Rape Crisis Center
202-232-0789 Business
202-333-RAPE (7273) 24-hour Hotline
202-328-1371 (TTY)
202-387-3812 (Fax)

Provides individual counseling and companion service.

District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Liaison Unit (DHHU)
801 Shepherd Street NW
Washington, DC 20011
Hours: 24 hours, daily
202-727-5437 (TTY)
202-698-0289 (V)
202-727-8453 (Fax)
For immediate police service, always call 911

Provides the following services: sign language interpretation to aid deaf and hard of hearing citizens in their interaction with MPD, making official reports off-campus, assisting in contacting outside organizations, and leading investigations.

Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN)
2000 L Street NW, Suite 406
Washington, DC 20036
1-800-656-HOPE (V)
202-544-1034 (V)
202-544-3556 (Fax)
E-mail: (online hotline)

National Center for Victims of Crime
Stalking Resource Center
2000 M Street NW, Suite 480
Washington, DC 20036
202-467-8700 (V)
202-467-8701 (V)

The mission of the National Center for Victims of Crime is to forge a national commitment to help victims of crime rebuild their lives. They are dedicated to serving individuals, families, and communities harmed by crime.  One of their programs is the Stalking Resource Center.

Network for Victim Recovery of DC (NVRDC)
5321 1st Place NE
Washington, DC  20011
202-742-1720 (V)

Network for Victim Recovery of DC aims to change the impact of victimization by providing holistic, comprehensive services to all crime victims in DC.  By meeting a victim where they are at, NVRDC staff provides civil and criminal legal services, advocacy, and case management.

National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (V)
1-800-787-3224 (TTY)

"U ASK DC" phone app

U ASK is a project of Men Can Stop Rape and the District of Columbia Executive Office of the Mayor Office of Victim Services.  It provides secure and confidential services on sexual assault in the District of Columbia and specifically on DC college campuses.

Licensed Professional Counselors

Inquire with the Counseling and Psychological Services for a list of licensed professional counselors serving the deaf and hard of hearing locally and, if available, in your hometown.


Inquiries or complaints concerning the application of Title IX and this policy may be referred to the University's Title IX Coordinator, Sharrell McCaskill, by e-mail at, by phone at (202) 651-5462, by VP at (202) 559-5683, or in person at College Hall, Room 312.

Individuals seeking further information or guidance may contact the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education (OCR).  Victims who believe their rights under Title IX have been violated may file a complaint with OCR:

U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC  20202-1100
1-800-421-3481 (V)