The committee conducts three calls-for-proposals over the course of one academic year - October 1 to September. 30. The expenditure for each round is limited to approximately one-third of our available funds so that the same level of financial support is available throughout the year. All grants are due by 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the date listed:
Timelines for AY 2016-2017
|Application Due Date||From||To|
|Round 1||September 18, 2017||October 1, 2017||February 28, 2018|
|Round 2||January 12, 2018||February 15, 2018||July 31, 2018|
|Round 3||April 20, 2018||June 1, 2018||September 30, 2018|
Individual full-time regular University Faculty members, teams of full-time regular University Faculty, or departments representing full-time regular University Faculty are invited to submit written proposals for activities that meet the criteria(s) below.
Professional Development Activities may include:
- Invited lectures or workshops of interest either to a particular school or department or to the faculty at large;
- Institutes, workshops, seminars, short courses, or other non-credit course work to improve teaching skills, refresh and broaden expertise in a particular content area, maintain certification in the profession, and/or retrain faculty members in new areas of expertise; and/or
- Domestic or international travel funds are available for the purpose of presenting original research, scholarship, creative activity, or material relating to teaching.
As decided by the administration, all proposals will be evaluated based on how they address one or more of the following criteria:
- Supports the faculty member in their progress towards tenure or promotion (if applicable);
- Leads to improvement of research or teaching or both;
- Strengthens the academic or strategic goals of Gallaudet University;
- Promotes interdisciplinary or interdepartmental collaboration; and
- Has the potential to have a lasting effect on the university beyond the funding period.
In order to be able to support professional travel for as many faculty as possible, there are several limitations the committee may observe:
- extended stays at conferences may not be supported in full;
- funding may be limited to one activity per round in the case of individual applications;
- funding for international conferences may be limited to one per academic year.
Contact with Travel On/Deem is required for travel fares when preparing your budget. In some cases, there are greatly reduced GSA (government) fares for international travel. Awardees are required to follow standard Gallaudet trip reimbursement procedures.
For international travel, applicants are responsible for obtaining all necessary institutional approvals as stated in the International Travel Plan and Procedures guidelines. More information on International Travel procedures can be found here: http://www.gallaudet.edu/rsia/international-travel-forms.html It is important to contact Travel On/ Deem for fares in preparing your budget. In some cases, there are greatly reduced GSA (government) fares for international travel.
This Committee does not fund applications for the purchase of any instructional or reference materials nor for equipment or software.