Tutorial & Instructional Programs
Tutorial & Instructional Programs (TIP) at Gallaudet University provides an open and safe learning environment for students who request tutorial assistance. Through bilingual instruction and the use of a variety academic techniques by qualified tutors, students will learn to develop confidence, maneuver through the appropriate resources and excel at practicing the necessary skills which are essential to student retention.
TIP provides tutoring, coaching, and instructional support services for all undergraduate and graduate students at no charge. All Coaches and Tutors are trained by the program coordinators and participate in bi-weekly meetings.
The following services are provided by TIP:
- ASL Coaching: One-on-One Tutoring and Walk-in Service
- English Coaching: One-on-One Tutoring and Walk-in Service
- Group Tutoring: By the same instructor
- Math Coaching: One-on-One Tutoring and Walk-in Service
- General Tutoring: One-on-One