Overview of TIP CRLA Training Program
The Tutorial & Instructional Programs (TIP) training program has been certified by the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA). The CRLA sets the international standards for tutor training programs which is Level 1/Regular. Rhonda Madden is responsible for Level 1 training.
- Caches and Tutors are required to complete Level 1/Regular training.
- Coaches and Tutors must complete six Level 1 training sessions.
There are several modes of training:
- one-on-one or small group activities;
- on-line reading;
- on-line quizzes; and
- meetings with your Supervisor.
The on-line reading and on-line quizzes material are located at my.gallaudet.edu.
To be certified for Level 1, you must do the following:
To be certified for Level 2, you must do the following:
To be certified for Level 3, you must do the following:
You can begin reading the manual and doing the quizzes by doing the following:
- go to my.gallaudet.edu;
- logon using your GDOC account (your user name plus password);
- click on TIP Training under "My Organizations."
Coaches and tutors can be certified for up to three levels in one semester providing they meet all requirements, have accumulated 75 hours tutoring students, and received positive evaluations from their students and Supervisor.