International Students: Welcome to Gallaudet University, the world leader in education and career development for deaf and hard of hearing students!
We welcome international students from all over the globe! Come join a thriving community of degree-seeking students from over 40 countries! As an international student, you will have many opportunities in and out of the classroom, and you will be well-prepared for graduate studies or the workplace.
The application requirements for degree-seeking international students are:
- Submit the online application.
- Please select the general Undergraduate Program application link. You will identify yourself as an international student in the citizenship section of the application.
- $50 application fee (waived if you submit by December 1st).
- An essay (the question can be found in the online application).
- A letter of recommendation from an academic teacher.
- Request that your high school and college transcripts (if applicable) to be sent to Gallaudet University. We accept both paper and electronic transcripts. If you have your transcript sent electronically, it should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the transcripts are translated into English before sending.
- ACT , SAT, or TOEFL scores.
- Certification of Finances form.
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Support form.
- F-1 Transfer Request form (if transferring from a college in the U.S.)
Our international admissions counselor will be there to assist you throughout the application progress. If you have questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
If you have a BA/BS degree and wish to pursue a more advanced degree, the Graduate School at Gallaudet University offers over 25 post-graduate programs at the certificate, master's, specialist and doctoral levels. There are exciting opportunities to learn from faculty with rich expertise in their disciplines and multiple research centers generating new knowledge about deaf and hard of hearing populations. Courses are offered within an immersive, bilingual environment in a variety of delivery formats - face-to-face, hybrid and online.
English Language Institute
If you are not ready to pursue a undergraduate degree, Gallaudet University's English Language Institute (ELI) provides full-time instruction in English as a Second Language, American Sign Language and cross-cultural studies to international and American deaf and hard of hearing adults. Intensive study helps students become proficient in English in order to qualify for admission to Gallaudet or another university in the United States.
For Visiting and Special Students
The International Special Student Program (ISSP) at Gallaudet University is a study program designed for people from outside the United States who are interested in studying at Gallaudet University for up to one year.