Before You Apply
- Take the American College Testing (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Gallaudet University requires all applicants to take an entrance examination, either the ACT or the SAT. These standardized tests measure your reading and writing skills in English, and your understanding of mathematics and science.
- Please visit the Gallaudet Test Center for more information on standardized tests.
- We also accept the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For more information:
- Academic Placement and Advanced Placement Credit
- Students may be eligible to receive advanced credit for examinations passed during secondary school. If you took IB, A Level, AP, Arbitur, CAPE, or French Baccalaureate exams while in secondary school, visit Advanced Placement Tests.
- International Transfer Credits
- International Student Services