Apply to the Online Degree Completion Program!
Welcome to the Online Degree Completion Program (ODCP)! Do you have a bachelor's degree that you want to finish online? Gallaudet University has made it possible for many aspiring adult learners to finish their college degree online while continuing with their everyday lives. Please explore this website for more information on what degree programs are currently being offered and the admissions requirements for the program. Feel free to contact the ODCP admissions counselor if you have any questions!
- You must have earned 80 college credits towards a BA or BS degree.
- You must have passed the college English core courses with a C- or higher.
- You must be 24 years old or show evidence of financial independence (two years of tax returns).
Exceptions can be made based on the review of the Online Degree Completion Program Ad Hoc Committee.
When You Apply
- Submit an application
- Pay the $50 application fee
- Respond to two essay questions
- Send official transcripts from accredited institutions of higher education, including Gallaudet University
- Two letters of recommendation
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, please send in an audiogram
Those who are interested in Deaf Studies Program: Submit a video essay in American Sign Language.
After You are Admitted
- Submit an Intent to Enroll form: Pay the $100 enrollment fee and the $100 Online Orientation fee
- Activate your Gallaudet email and BISON accounts
- Submit a Medical History Form if you live within a 50- mile radius of Gallaudet University
- Submit a Health Insurance Waiver form
- Submit your final, official high school and college transcripts
- Take placement test if applicable
- Online Academic Calendar
- July 1 for Fall admission. You will be notiified by December 20.
- November 1 for Spring admission. You will be notified by August 1.