Discover Your Future
REGISTER HERE (FULL)
(click here for the flyer)
June 23-30, 2018
Designed for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 10-12 who are ready to work on developing their transition plans; identify their interests and skills; and explore different potential careers during classes and Career Seminars. Students will also explore what vibrant Washington, D.C. has to offer.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Self-discovery activities designed to help you learn more about yourself.
- Outdoor activities including ropes course planned to help you develop leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Take assessments designed to help you, your parents, and your Vocational Rehabilitation/Department of Rehabilitation (VR/DOR) counselors learn more about your strengths, areas of improvement, values, interests, and potential careers.
- Development a transition portfolio with our support for you to bring home to your families, schools, and VR counselors.
- Several field trips to explore Washington, D.C. attractions including the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, Union Station, and many other world-famous museums and monuments.
- Ride until you drop at Six Flags where one of America's best amusement parks awaits you.
Date of program: June 23-30, 2018
Program fee: $750 (limited scholarships available for families in need, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who can attend: Deaf and hard of hearing college–bound students currently who will be in the 10th-12th grades in the fall of 2017.
Must show evidence that you are enrolled in a standard, local, or general high school diploma – track program. Please submit an unofficial transcript and/or letter from guidance/school counselor. Incomplete applications will not be processed. A screening interview with the Youth Programs office will also be required.
Note: This camp is limited to 24 participants to give more personal attention to each camper. A limit of 4 students from each school will be accepted into the program.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.