Immerse Into ASL
An exciting intensive camp in which campers will be exposed to ASL 24/7 while learning from qualified ASL Instructors and practicing with camp counselors and peers who are deaf and hard of hearing alike! This camp is designed for new signers who are at the beginner or intermediate level. Two different course levels will be offered, ensuring that each camper receives instruction appropriate to their skill level. In addition to experiencing deaf culture and history, campers will have the opportunity to explore our Nation's Capital, attend social events, and more!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Learn a new language or improve your budding ASL skills with the help of teachers and camp counselors.
- Self-discovery activities designed to help you learn more about yourself.
- Outdoor activities including ropes course planned to help you develop leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Several field trips to explore Washington, D.C. attractions including the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, Union Station, and many other world-famous museums and monuments.
- Ride until you drop at Six Flags where one of America's best amusement parks awaits you.
Date of program: June 23-30, 2019
Program fee: $750 (limited scholarships available for families in need, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who can attend: Deaf and hard of hearing students who will be in the 10th-12th grades in the fall of 2019.
Note: Students with normal hearing are not eligible for the Immerse into ASL camp.
Must show evidence that you are enrolled in a standard, local, or general high school diploma - track program with a GPA of at least 2.75. Please submit an unofficial transcript and/or letter from guidance/school counselor. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Campers are allowed to attend this camp for up to two summers. No camper will be allowed to return for a third summer.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these PDF documents. Adobe Acrobat reader is free software that can be downloaded from the Adobe Reader website.