· Name: Aileen Aldalur
· Classification: Senior
· Major: Psychology
· What do you like about Gallaudet University?
The small class sizes. It allows students the opportunity to get to know and work alongside their professors.
· What do you like about Honors?
The freedom I am given in designing my own education. Honors has opened many doors for me.
· Why did you choose Honors?
To make the most out of my undergraduate education and build my resume for future opportunities including graduate school.
· What are your goals for after graduation?
Take one year off to travel in Spain as well as study for the GRE and prepare my applications for entrance into a clinical psychology PhD program.
· Are you involved in any areas of scholarship or research at GU (i.e. Capstone, VL2, internships)?
I am currently working on completing my Honors Capstone "Hearing the Media." I am conducting statistical research to examine the associations between Deaf culture, media use, and body image among deaf women.
· What are your hobbies?
Running and crocheting.
· Do you have any advice for students who are new to Gallaudet?
Keep an open mind and take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.