Linking e-Reserves to Blackboard Course Pages
When the Library has scanned eReserves articles or chapters for your course, you will still need to make a link from your course to your eReserves to share those articles with your students. Here's how to do this:
- Login to my.gallaudet.edu
- Click link to go to your course
- Click the menu item on the left navigation bar that corresponds to the part of your course where you would like your link to the eReserves to be available.
- Make sure your Edit Mode is ON (top right)
- Click on Build Content
- Click Add Item
- On the Add Item form, give your new item a title, for example, "Link to eReserves".
- Scroll down to the section labeled: 2: Attachments
- Click Browse Course Files - a new window will open
- Click on Institution Content on the left side of the new window
- Expand plus icon by Library on the left
- Expand eReserves folder
- Find the folder labeled for your course, section and semester and click on it
- Click the box that says Select current directory or select individual article.
- Click Submit
- In your original Blackboard window, click the Submit button at lower right to finish making your eReserve articles available to students.
* * * * * * * * * *
Prepared by Deirdre McGlynn
eLearning Facilitator (Academic Technology)
Revised by Jane Rutherford
Instruction and Reference Librarian
Revised by Shannon Augustine
eLearning Coordinator and Academic Webmaster