Importing information to Refworks from PubMed
- Perform a search and mark the references you want to export.
- Change the Display option from Summary to MEDLINE.
- In the Send To drop-down, select Text. A window opens with just the references in MEDLINE format.
- Select Save As from your browser and select Text as the Save As file type.
- Log in to RefWorks.
- Select References/Import from the toolbar.
- Select NLM PubMed as the data source and as the database.
- Browse to find the text file you saved to your computer.
- Click Import.
- Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.
Source: RefWorks Help file: "Importing From Online Data Vendors"
* * * * * * * * * *
Prepared by Jane Rutherford
Reference and Instruction Librarian