The world's only university designed to be barrier-free for deaf and hard of hearing students
For more than 150 years, Gallaudet University has led advances in education of deaf and hard of hearing students and deaf rights worldwide. Today, students from across the United States and more than 25 countries-diverse in perspective, backgrounds, interests and communication styles-form an exciting learning community as they prepare for dynamic careers and a lifetime of growth.
CONNECT. DISCOVER. INFLUENCE.
A Global Leader
A Gallaudet graduate founded Mongolia's first early intervention program for deaf children. That's just one example of how Gallaudet alums are changing lives throughout the world.
- The world's only Interpretation B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. program in an American Sign Language-immersive environment
- Transforming the international development industry's hiring and volunteering opportunities
- The world's largest publisher of books about and for the deaf community
- $4.7 million in funded student, faculty and staff research each year
- The leader in DeafSpace architectural design
- An extensive network of international service projects and internships
- The Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
- Gallaudet University Library, Archives and Deaf Collection, the largest in the world
- The site of the 1988 Deaf President Now movement, which was a catalyst for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)