GTS safeguards data stored on GTS production servers in the Data Center by backing up the data and retaining the tapes at an off-site facility. The backups ensure that you can be back into business in a shorter period of time. Backups have a copy of the data at the time of the last backup and changes made after the backup could potentially be lost.
GTS follows the following data retention procedures:
- Full backup performed once a week, starting on Friday at 5pm
- General data retained for up to one month
- Bison (PeopleSoft) data retained for three months
- Databases are backed up at least twice a day
- Cold Bison (Peoplesoft) backup will occur from 1-5am on Saturday morning. During this time, Bison will not be available
- Incremental backup performed four days a week, Monday - Thursday starting at 5pm
- Data retained for up to 2 weeks
Gallaudet E-mail System is operated by Google. Employee e-mails are saved and retained by Postini for up to three years.
If you suspect that your data may be lost or corrupt, please submit a request through the Technology Help Desk. In order to restore the data by the next business day, we will need to receive the request before noon (12:00pm). If the data restoration is an emergency and must occur during the same day - there may be a fee associated with emergency delivery of tapes. Please discuss this with the Data Center team and/or the manager for further information.
If there are any questions about the GTS Backup Procedures, please contact the Help Desk.