The attachment of access point(s), router(s), gateway(s), bridge(s), or other devices intended to provide wireless access to and/or sharing of the university's network by persons other than GTS staff using GTS-approved equipment is prohibited. The university has installed and maintains reliable wireless access to the Gallaudet University Network.
The university wireless network is for use on campus by authenticated Gallaudet students, faculty, staff, and authorized visitors and guests. If there is a location that does not have sufficient wireless coverage, please create a helpdesk ticket by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the building and location for further investigation.
As of September 2011, the following wireless networks are available:
- BISONnet (web browser login, requires Gallaudet username and password)
- K-12 Clerc (web browser login, requires Gallaudet username and password,
web content is filtered for minor children)
- CCA-PhaseOut (requires software download on computers, web browser login on mobile and game devices, requires Gallaudet username and password)
- mobile and game device users may register their MAC address at https://secure.gallaudet.edu/selfservice so they don't have to login daily).
- Members of the Gallaudet community may also create temporary guest accounts for visitors to use the CCA-PhaseOut wireless at https://secure.gallaudet.edu/selfservice .
- CCA - Cisco Clean Access is in this process of being phased out. When guest and device registration is possible with the newer Juniper-based wireless networks (BISONnet, and K-12Clerc), there will be a two-week notice via the Daily Digest that the CCA-PhaseOut wireless network will be discontinued.
- Kellogg (open guest network, accessible only within the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University).