The Library's chat service is usually open when the Library is open.
- The chat service is staffed by a librarian during the following hours:
- Fall & Spring: M-W: 8:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Fall & Spring: Thurs: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Fall & Spring: Sun: 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Summer: M-Th: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Intersession: M-Th: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Year-round: Fri: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- All other hours are staffed by student assistants.
If you do not get an immediate response, we are helping other students. Please wait or try again later.
You may also email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make your message as specific as possible so we can answer your question as quickly and completely as possible.
Go to the Library Service Desk, Merrill Learning Center, first floor, any time the Library is open. Our hours can be found here.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com. Our staffing hours for this e-mail address are roughly the same as those posted above.
Gallaudet University Library
800 Florida Ave., N.E.
Washington, DC 20002
Videophone: 202-779-9478: Many Library staff members are deaf and do not use voice telephones. Because of this, callers to the voice phone (listed below) may get an answering machine, and their calls may not be returned promptly. Hearing callers can dial this videophone number and be automatically connected with a video relay service operator who will communicate with Library staff.
Make an appointment with a librarian
Contact us by any method listed above, or select a librarian from this list of subject specialists