Rita has worked in a variety of positions at the University including for academic department chairs, deans, and the former vice president for academic affairs.
Her duities include:
- Work closely with the president and the board chair to coordinate the activities of the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as the president's liaison with the board chair and members of the board.
- Manage the budget for the Board of Trustees.
- Work closely with the president on planning and executing various special projects.
- Assist the president with coordinating responses to sponsorship and support requests on behalf of the Office of the President.
- Provide editorial support and coordination for reports, such as the Annual Report.
- Assist the central office with various activities and events.