Peer Advisor Employment
The Peer Advisor (PA) is a part-time student paraprofessional position within Office of Residence Life and Housing, a unit of Student Affairs. Working as a team with members of the Student Success Team, PAs are responsible for performing the four paraprofessional roles of counseling, advising, administering, and programming. The Upper Class PA is responsible for upperclassmen residence halls: Ballard West, Carlin Hall, Clerc Hall, Peet Hall, Faculty Row, and Living and Learning Residence Hall (LLRH6).
One requirement for an Upper Class PA: the applicant must have been a Peer Advisor for one year.
The minimum qualifications for a PA are:
- Able to handle and cope with stress and ambiguity.
- Good interpersonal competence.
- Have the ability to accommodate communication needs of students.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student registered full-time and have lived on campus for least a year.
- Must possess experience in planning, participating as a team member, and have knowledge of campus resources.
- Must be in good standing with the University.
- At time of hire and throughout employment, candidate must maintain a Cumulative and Semester Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of at least 2.7 (for undergraduate students) and 3.0 (for graduate students) each semester, including summer sessions (if you are enrolled in summer courses).
- Understands and work within the philosophy of student development held by Student Affairs and Academic Support at Gallaudet University.
JOB DESCRIPTION - To view the job description, please click here for Freshman Peer Advisor and here for Upper Class Peer Advisor.
TO APPLY - To apply for this position, please click here.
APPLICATION TIMELINE - To view the application timeline, please click here.
For more information on the Peer Advisor program, contact Laura Lopez, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.